ApplyBoard’s first ever Top Recruiters Workshop Virtual was held April 2nd, with Partner School Fanshawe College presenting. The virtual workshop is a new event from ApplyBoard, bringing Recruitment Partners together with some of the top Partner Schools from Canada, the US, and the UK in a series of webinars.
Fanshawe’s workshop saw a record number of attendees, with 1013 participants joining from all over the world. That’s more than any other ApplyBoard event or webinar in the company’s history! The workshop allowed Recruitment Partners to gain direct insights into the college in a whole new way. In fact, respondents reported a 90% average satisfaction rate with the webinar in a post-event survey.
Virtual workshops provide the unique opportunity for global Recruitment Partners to connect with representatives from some of the top schools for international students, and to address specific questions for their students. One attendee commented that, “[the virtual format] works really well and allows us to cover many schools.”
In the first Top Recruiters Workshop Virtual, Recruitment Partners were able to ask questions live, with responses on some of the most popular topics directly from Fanshawe and the ApplyBoard team. Some of these topics included:
- Pathway programs
- Eligible grades from specific regions
- English language test options and requirements
- Career services
- Acceptance rates and average offer times
Meanwhile, Fanshawe shared a detailed presentation that took Recruitment Partners through every detail of their unique offerings and why the college is a fantastic fit for international students. Here’s a look at what they covered:
- The city of London, Ontario’s low cost of living, access to amenities, and major companies that hire in the area
- Fanshawe College’s reputation as a major provider of international education (over 7,500 international students from 104 countries are currently enrolled!)
- A breakdown of their campuses and unique programs – the two-year post-graduate Business Management program was of great interest to attendees
- Fanshawe’s perspective on project-based learning from industry professionals
- The college’s 8-week English for Academic Purposes program
- Fanshawe’s additional services for international students, including airport pickups, immigration advisors, and accommodation and banking support as needed
- Why Fanshawe has the highest employability rate of any college in the province, at 90.3% – their co-op programs, workshops, and career services clearly have an impact
- Academic requirements, and requirements for the Student Direct Steam (SDS), which offers faster processing times
- Fees, accommodations, and other important logistics
- Scholarships available to international students
- Important details specifically for education partners
The webinar gave attendees the information they need to specifically recruit and support international students. One attendee noted that the presentation even gave great insight into how to promote London, Ontario as a study abroad destination: “People [often] prefer to stay close to big cities, [but] London looks very attractive after this presentation.”
To top things off, ApplyBoard offered webinar attendees one final thank you – a unique discount code for 50% off application fees for Fanshawe College for two weeks.
We’re thrilled with the results of our first ever virtual Top Recruiters Workshop, and are excited to see where the rest of the series takes us. Next up are workshops with presentations from Seneca College on April 9, and Yorkville University on April 14. Recruitment Partners who register and attend webinars will be emailed a recording within 48 hours afterward.