The impact of COVID-19 can be felt across all aspects of our lives, especially when it comes to day-to-day business operations. What was once a routine task is now a challenge due to restrictions placed on businesses.
When requesting a refund from a partner school, please be mindful of following:
- Many of our partner schools are being heavily impacted by COVID-19, resulting in decreased hours, staffing, and even complete shutdowns of operations.
- To have a refund processed, our partner schools have to deal with multiple entities, including banks, third-party payment processors, mailing systems, etc. Many entities are experiencing challenges due to COVID-19, which are impacting their day-to-day operations, leading to delays in processing refunds.
- If a student reaches out to a partner school directly when a refund request has already been submitted through ApplyBoard, this can confuse the partner school and delay the entire process. Please encourage students to be patient and wait for communications from you.
- If new information is being submitted after a request has been made to the partner school, this can contribute to a delay in processing time. An example of new information can include: updated banking information, corrected/updated forms, or updates to a student’s contact information.
- Processing time varies school by school and given the impact of COVID-19 on individual school operations, we cannot predict when a refund may be issued. Any previously estimated timelines given by the school are not applicable as circumstances are changing daily.
- As soon as ApplyBoard receives an update we will leave a note on the application immediately. Updates may include: requesting additional information, sending instructions for students to continue the process, providing an updated timeline for processing, or telling us the refund has been processed.
ApplyBoard has a team in a place called the Recovery Team. The goal of the Recovery Team is to ensure that we’re doing everything we can to make the refund process as smooth as possible for everyone involved, ensuring our students get their refund promptly. Keeping the points above in mind will allow our team to ensure we’re providing the best possible service at all times.