Last Updated: April 16th, 2020
WU®GlobalPay for Students is an international student payment portal that makes it easy and cost-effective for you or your family to pay in your local currency from your home bank account.
The platform provides you with a quote in your local currency, which is valid for 72 hours, so you can pay without worrying about exchange rates, added bank fees, or funds arriving short.
Follow these easy steps:
- Visit the payment portal and fill out your student details.
- Select the items for which you wish to pay and choose a payment option. Due to banking regulations, not all currencies are available. If your home currency isn’t offered, you can pay in another currency, such as the U.S. dollar.
- Enter the payment details of the person making the payment and select the language in which you would like to receive your instructions. (You may need to temporarily allow pop-ups in your browser to view the payment instructions.)
- Print your payment instructions and process your payment at your bank or through online banking.
- You are done. Western Union Business Solutions will post the funds to your student account as soon as they are received, usually 2-5 days from when you make your transfer.